Fish Safari Virginia Beach

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I went to this awesome LFS today! They have the cleanest tanks and a wonderful selection. They really know their stuff and have outstanding customer service. I know where I am going to get my fish once the cycle is complete. They didn't have many live plants that I noticed for sell.

The owner's name is Leroy. I think I have convinced him to set up a 10 or 20 gallon tank and run a continuous fishless cycle in it. If he puts bioballs in it and has it independant of his central filtration system, then he could sell them to customers for seed material to begin a fishless cycle and to customers who may have to do a restart for whatever reason. Anyhow this is a good LFS

Sent from my DROIDX using Aquarium

I discovered this place one night a few months back when I took my girlfriend out on an anniversay date at the mexican restraunt in the plaza.

We both immediately got excited and went inside this store. It's probably my favorite LFS around here! One of the main guys I see working there helped me get what I needed for setting up my first sump and all. I like how they are dedicated to just fish and they seem to do a very good job. I've purchased several salt and fresh water fish from here with no problems. I usually stop by every Friday to get some RO water.

They hesitates when I asked them if I could get some gravel when I was trying to cycle my tank but still gave me info to put my in the right direction.

Help me convince them on the fishless cycle idea. Leroy was busy when I went Saturday. So I didn't get to talk to him.

It's a great store, very different than animal jungle. It's a locally owned a small husband/wife thing. Ask for James in the back if you go to Lynnhaven by Walmart. James is awesome and has helped me out a bunch. I haven't bought stock there... yet. I have gotten mostly food and chemicals since they are rot by my house. I plan on getting most of my SW stuff there in the future.

Back
Top Bottom