Optimal environment for anemone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fourmyclowns

Aquarium Advice Activist
I recently purchased an anemone and things did not go well. It didn’t survive and I’m pretty sad. I spent hours reading up on their care and believe my lighting and water are optimal. (2-165 watt LED’s Nitrates 5 or less, everything else 0.) I am wondering what I can do to make my tank a good home for a BTA. It rooted in the sand, then uprooted and floated around for a few days. I suspected it didn’t like my substrate because of the coral chunks so I added 4 inches of soft sand. It found a cave and looked very happy all puffed up. I came home and it was deflated. Later I found that it had four tears in the foot. I suspect either my wavemaker turning on in the evening was too powerful causing a tear or possibly a crab got it. The wavemaker is powerful enough to make my emerald crab’s claws vibrate. I know, crab is unlikely, but I did see my Sally Lightfoot touching it off and on. Can a sudden flow cause tearing? My wavemaker is a Nuwave box and it’s rated for a 50-150 gallon tank. I have a 75 so it’s pretty powerful.

(FYI because of its age and possible heat issues, we only run the big wavemaker in the evenings when we are home)

Back
Top Bottom