South American pearl cichlid

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dannymac82

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a South American pearl cichlid and need advice on the best fish to put with it. I know it's very territorial but there must be some suitable tank mates out there for it as it's in a massive tank all alone. Any ideas anyone??????????????????????

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

A few fish that come to mind are Jack Dempseys, Oscars, Red devils & Jaguars for other cichlids however there are a number of S.A. Catfish (Shovelnose, Redtail, Armored, etc) as well as Pacu and if your state allows them, Black Piranha that can also go in with him/her. It will all depend on what size tank you call "massive". There needs to be a lot of length in a tank when dealing with territorial fishes. Outside of the S.A. fish are fish such as Clown Knifefish, Channel catfish as well as other larger growing catfish from around the world. These are just off the top of my head. I'm sure there are plenty of other fish that can go in there as well, again, all according to how much other territory is available in the tank.

Hope this helps

Back
Top Bottom