Brooksters 29 gal reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's ALIVE!!! Starting to look like it is settling in some - getting comfortable and growing. That's nice.
Yah. She's running pretty smooth now, really enjoying this setup! There's this 96 gallon cube i saw;) the possibilities!!!
So, how long did it take to make the fowlr system a Reef instead?
Well Hank, it all was set in motion when I found out that acrogarden coral farm takes unwanted gift cards on full dollar trade, had this $50 gift card to Starbucks.... I was like a kid in a candy store l, he has like 3-4k frags..

nice! 7 gallons a week?
I was doing 5 and thought it was a lot. I bumped down to 2.5. didnt seem to affect anything. 1 bucket gets me top off for the week (no salinity added) and then the water change at the end (add salinity then)

nice! 7 gallons a week?
I was doing 5 and thought it was a lot. I bumped down to 2.5. didnt seem to affect anything. 1 bucket gets me top off for the week (no salinity added) and then the water change at the end (add salinity then)
I was doing bigger ones, had an algae outbreak, seems under control, did a 5 gal last night and it felt good. I think 5 is a good number?? Thoughts? It's a pretty low bioload for 45 gallons??

Do you already have the magical acquision center piece fish in mind or need some thinking it over still? Mine for now are those Captive bred Mandarins (que dreamy star eyes, blinking magical stars right now, hahaha)

A wise man told me to relax and enjoy the tank. I having been helicopter maintaintence man for a bit and it seems to have adjusted well. The zoas are all multiplying faster than in losing hair... even trade? I think not! If only I could where Orange bam bams as a hat
7d72c3e63d9a7336d05c3c5425d8fc5a.jpg

Zoas!!! Circled new fast growth, top is not dead, just pissed I knocked it onto sand:(
50949655d0b9ddee86a111b123e84e16.jpg
a6501763399b17d521d16d58aa6477d2.jpg
e03ed7584e99d8808d72ca1803c262ea.jpg

This tank looks stunning. I think my tank has the same dimensions? But only difference is yours looks a lot better, I'm going to guess this is not your first reef tank, and if I'm wrong then you have the golden touch.

This tank looks stunning. I think my tank has the same dimensions? But only difference is yours looks a lot better, I'm going to guess this is not your first reef tank, and if I'm wrong then you have the golden touch.
Thanks!! It's a standard 29 gal so 30x12x18 I believe. This would be my first venture into the salty side, a couple things that gave me an advantage, having kept planted tanks, I fully understand how understand how important stability is. All the coral is from local guys, aquaculture, it's very hardy. I really try to keep things clean and stable. Have a good ro system as well.

Wow, tank looks great. Hard to believe it's your first trip to the salty side.
Haha stop it... I give myself very little credit. I know with plants anyways.. most of the time you are basically rescuing it from the lfs, nursing it back to health. Luckily I havnt killed as many coral as plants.. I can't say how lucky I am to have such an amazing network of helpful reefers that want to see you succeed and aquaculture experts that take unwanted gift cards as currency:D maybe my obsessive helicopter tank parenting helped a little..

Public service announcement.. pesky anemones stinging the crap out of your coral? Introducing the all new, fantasticly awesome, specturaly..ermm.. SPECTACULAR!! I call it... the bankers glass!
Seriously though, may have saved this sps for a little while. I'm going to have to set up a new tank for that bta.
bde40e5a8fc59fe5c013e4ad160ddf4c.jpg

Haha stop it... I give myself very little credit. I know with plants anyways.. most of the time you are basically rescuing it from the lfs, nursing it back to health. Luckily I havnt killed as many coral as plants.. I can't say how lucky I am to have such an amazing network of helpful reefers that want to see you succeed and aquaculture experts that take unwanted gift cards as currency:D maybe my obsessive helicopter tank parenting helped a little..

Well whatever it is, keep it up your definitely on the right track. Making me miss my reef tanks

Back
Top Bottom