December 21, 2012

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sharkbait54 said:
Any one have any tips on how to keep my fish alive during this "end of the world"? Lots of water changes perhaps and I assume the power will go out... Right? ;) lol jk.

Here is an idea, find a swimming pool and get a few gator gar. They can survive in low oxygen water, so no filter ( no power anyway)Then as a constant food supply, mutant guppies. You will find these everywhere because the world nuclear reactors will melt down their fore fish will be radioactive and get HUGE! Also guppies breed like rabbits so you will always have live food. Also, with the reactors being down, the weather will warm up, so no need for a heater. If you are really into it, throw a big ol' common Pleco in to control the algae. Yes, I have way too much free time.

christine2012 said:
I read somewhere that mbuna are a delicacy, that they are extremely tasty. I hope I don't have to find out firsthand!

Break out the butter and flour, we are ready to fry! Are ghost shrimp big enough for shrimp cocktail?

From what I see on most 2012 discussions, everyone theorizes on how the world will end. Everybody seems to have death and destruction on the front of their minds. So I'm gonna throw my theory out there, take it or leave it!

I recently had somebody open my mind to this, who says its the end of the world? Maybe it will be the end of the world AS WE KNOW IT. Government and economic collapse would leave people pretty much hopeless. We live so comfortably and basically everything is provided for us, minus the small population of self sufficient people. If something happens to our government, we (and I use the term we very lightly) aren't going to know how to survive. Anyone with me?

Yeah I think that's a possibility whether it's 2012 or 2050 lol. Eventually it'll happen. We're close as it is.

jkdubs2 said:
Yeah I think that's a possibility whether it's 2012 or 2050 lol. Eventually it'll happen. We're close as it is.

Yeah exactly! I don't really fall into the dates and everything but it is pretty interesting. I actually just picked up a book on it >.< don't know what I'm getting myself into lol

christine2012 said:
Yeah exactly! I don't really fall into the dates and everything but it is pretty interesting. I actually just picked up a book on it >.< don't know what I'm getting myself into lol

Just be sure to not confuse every event with an economic collapse theory and you'll avoid the slippery slope. But the drought right now in the USA (food prices) along with trouble in mideast and a piss poor world economy does not make for a good recipe. And UN drafting a treaty for gun control across the globe that essentially would take away our 2nd amendment rights if senate approves it (doubtful they would tho) also does not help the situation much.

jkdubs2 said:
Just be sure to not confuse every event with an economic collapse theory and you'll avoid the slippery slope. But the drought right now in the USA (food prices) along with trouble in mideast and a piss poor world economy does not make for a good recipe. And UN drafting a treaty for gun control across the globe that essentially would take away our 2nd amendment rights if senate approves it (doubtful they would tho) also does not help the situation much.

I'm with you. But ill be darned if my guns are going anywhere lol. That will be a fight to the death as far as I'm concerned!

Haha ya good luck American government on that one. There's no way they could enforce a no gun policy after over 200 years of allowing it. The American military wouldn't allow it to happen.

christine2012 said:
Well our rights are being stripped one by one, wouldn't surprise me if they tried. Especially after the Colorado nutcase.

You want another revolutionary war? Try and take away our right to defend ourselves/family and property. You got it.

Tetra1990 said:
You want another revolutionary war? Try and take away our right to defend ourselves/family and property. You got it.

Yep pretty much, imagine that revolt. There's so much madness in the news lately I'm just watching my clock, enjoying my freedom while I can. My husband is a military man so he's more up to date on foreign/domestic affairs than I am, and I know its getting rough when HE starts to worry.

jkdubs2 said:
Ya this is true but there's always a way to get them back.

Or just don't let them know you have them ;)

christine2012 said:
Yep pretty much, imagine that revolt. There's so much madness in the news lately I'm just watching my clock, enjoying my freedom while I can. My husband is a military man so he's more up to date on foreign/domestic affairs than I am, and I know its getting rough when HE starts to worry.

Or just don't let them know you have them ;)

Haha no one is taking the guns lol. I meant there's always a way to get your rights back. People now days, well at least in America (idk about other countries), have the belief that every man is created equal no matter who it is. If that means we have to take back the govt ourselves then we will do it. I just hope the elected officials remember that we are the ones who are truly in charge.

christine2012 said:
Well if I had to pick, I would certainly pick that too. I think any NORMAL and SANE person would say the same ;)

What?? No way. Thats so scary..i'd want the sun to blow up and we could go quickly haha

Gboy66 said:
What?? No way. Thats so scary..i'd want the sun to blow up and we could go quickly haha

Its only scary if you're unprepared!

I guess you're not as normal as us lmao! My friends think I'm a wack job ;)

Back
Top Bottom