Ghost shrimp eating endlers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Oto

Aquarium Advice Activist
I got up to get a drink late at night and decide to check in the fish when I see a gjost shrimp eating an endler! It was perfectly healthy, and swimming up to the tank to greet me, and I just hand fed them and raised them from fry and saw them go up into beautiful adults.. :mad: I am so angry right now. Those ghost shrimp are getting out of that tank!
This is where my chili endlers were dissapearing to. :nono:

I got up to get a drink late at night and decide to check in the fish when I see a gjost shrimp eating an endler! It was perfectly healthy, and swimming up to the tank to greet me, and I just hand fed them and raised them from fry and saw them go up into beautiful adults.. :mad: I am so angry right now. Those ghost shrimp are getting out of that tank!

I'm thinking a macrobrachium shrimp. Got any pics?

Sent via echolocation

I've heard this story before. Agreed with keegster, sounds like the macrobrachium.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I feel your anger too.

For months I had been buying little tetras and guppies to live in my 5gal.. they all kept disappearing after a week. I thought it was my betta killing them then the shrimp and other fish disposing of them.. maybe even a wild gecko snatching them outta the water.

Turns out I had Microbrachium Nipponse. Once I put in a single guppy and observed the tank at random intervals over the course of two hours, I saw the biggest microbrachium in my tank, 2.5 inches in body length and around 3.5 with claws extended, grab a hold of the guppy and just start feasting on his fantail. Needless to say.. only the betta and some snails live there now, except for the dozens of micros. Since they require brackish water to reproduce I'm gonna wait until they eventually all die, then re-scape the whole tank and have only Neocaridinas. Or just remove them.. they were around a dollar and a half for 50-60.

Back
Top Bottom