I can't tell you why.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

coralbandit

Aquarium Advice Addict
I am old school fish head and been to a few forums.
One of my favorite threads is one of songs that may bring a tear to your eye or a special memory.
I jump in on this thread(on other forum) regulary ,but think there may some youth here that could benefit from the 'past'.
That and I listen to tunes while posting sometimes!!!
So share what you dig.
Maybe the youth has some hope?
Links are cool if you want,I usually will post what I am listening to.

Some music makes me remember when or where I heard it played....
1979/80 Wells Beach Maine!

Every time I hear Octopus' Garden by The Beatles, I think back to 2 events: I interacted with an octopus while snorkeling in Belize and had a really interesting interaction with a Reef Squid while snorkeling in Haiti. Inter species communications with both animals. Memories I will take with me to the grave. (y) Man only THINKS its the smartest animal on the planet. ;):whistle:

One of my favorite threads is one of songs that may bring a tear to your eye or a special memory.
I jump in on this thread(on other forum) regulary ,but think there may some youth here that could benefit from the 'past'.
So share what you dig.

You know we heard these songs over and over...but they always seem new each time you hear them, memories of a simpler time.
They never get old!!![emoji39]
And by the way Andy is rite, the animals are smarter!!! They live within their means, we don't!!!

Clem.

Love, love, love music!!!

Ok, the spouse and I met online. Not a dating website but actually through his ex :hide: We emailed, chatted on AIM and on the phone. A few months into this and he was on a business trip in FL. Somehow I got the crazy idea to pick him up at the airport on his flight back. I was living in MI, he was in ON. I had never done anything like this before, absolutely crazy! Got my stash of smokes, diet Coke, Hershey Kisses, cassettes and hit the road. What I remember most vividly about that drive-besides wondering if he was an ax murderer-was listening to The Joshua Tree :flowers:

Ps-not an ax murderer, we'll be celebrating our 14th wedding anniversary in January

Great story, Theresa.
I like the album too. U2
Funny thing is that I met my wife of 4 yrs now online, I never thought that it was possible at the time !!!
Too much music to love, we never have enough time to LOVE what we do!!![emoji1]

Clem.

So share what you dig.

Hi C.B, I love the concept about the youth...but I was trying to upload Hey19 by Steely Dan. I had no luck, trying to get this video, I thought it was a cool song for Dem youths, but as for many songs the band Chicago, the song Saturday brings back memories with my friends hanging out in the park with a radio!!!
I'll figure out how to do this , like the Carlos dude!!![emoji39]

Clem.

Love, love, love music!!!

Ok, the spouse and I met online. Not a dating website but actually through his ex :hide: We emailed, chatted on AIM and on the phone. A few months into this and he was on a business trip in FL. Somehow I got the crazy idea to pick him up at the airport on his flight back. I was living in MI, he was in ON. I had never done anything like this before, absolutely crazy! Got my stash of smokes, diet Coke, Hershey Kisses, cassettes and hit the road. What I remember most vividly about that drive-besides wondering if he was an ax murderer-was listening to The Joshua Tree :flowers:

Ps-not an ax murderer, we'll be celebrating our 14th wedding anniversary in January

I think that's the new online dating I met my present wife online over 15+ years ago the whole story sounds almost identical , After my divorce I still lived in N.C I bought a bus ticket and went to FLA my wife not knowing me other than talking online had no idea what kind of person I was , I got off the bus and was short on cash to get my luggage me with my hair long past my shoulders asked my now wife for money so I could get my luggage , it's funny long story that lasted 15+ yrs , in other words I looked as if I just came from woodstock

What ive got rotatin on the turntable right now. Loooove my vinyl.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I think that's the new online dating I met my present wife online over 15+ years ago the whole story sounds almost identical , After my divorce I still lived in N.C I bought a bus ticket and went to FLA my wife not knowing me other than talking online had no idea what kind of person I was , I got off the bus and was short on cash to get my luggage me with my hair long past my shoulders asked my now wife for money so I could get my luggage , it's funny long story that lasted 15+ yrs , in other words I looked as if I just came from woodstock

Wow, very similar! Love the part about the luggage money. The spouse is a long hair dude too. In 15 years he only cut it when he was applying for his green card.

Wow, very similar! Love the part about the luggage money. The spouse is a long hair dude too. In 15 years he only cut it when he was applying for his green card.

ever since I found out about my cancer I keep it less than 1/4 long, anything over 1/2 inch is too long now so much easier never need to comb my hair since:D

Here's some of Missgurnus' and my favorites!

My music taste in particular goes WAY back, to stuff that was popular before my parents were even born!

Hello it's me;Todd Rundgren
Sweet , sweet,...we got the same music tastes, makes the heart ache when you listen to this stuff, yea the eyes can get a bit teary. :thumbs: all the way.[emoji6]

I'll try to figure out how to post off YouTube on to the site. I think my service was slow???
I was thinking of bands earlier today, man when they wrote albums the amount of talent that went into these, even today's music is can't come close to the length of some of these songs, wow , and all the solos and instrumentals!!! [emoji6]
No one does these any more...
Forever stand the test of time, these great tunes.

Clem

Here's some of Missgurnus' and my favorites!

My music taste in particular goes WAY back, to stuff that was popular before my parents were even born!

Exactly , the early years even gets better. Rich in Horn section, big band sound, a lot of great stuff!!!

Clem

Back
Top Bottom