Lighting Question for 75gal FOWLR

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gfishguy56

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm not really interested in a full blown reef set up, unless i win the lottery this weekend and move into my dream home. What I basically want to do is upgrade my lights enough for Mushroom Happiness. Right now my mushrooms are at the top of my rock line, about 4 - 6 inches below the water surface and they still are stretching for more light. This is obviously no good. They are reproducing like crazy though so it can't be that bad, right? What would be the best lighting system for this situation? Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

A coralife aqualight with 4-65 watt configuration will do the trik for under $200. The current USA sattelite fixture with buil in moonlights and 4-65 watts will also do fine for what you are trying to keep.

thanx for the quick response and help. Just curious, but when i buy the lights, what other anemone/corals/ non fishy animals would thrive well with that amount of lighting?

some soft corals,mushrooms and a LPS corals. But no SPS or clams. I would not put an anemone under PCS either!

Back
Top Bottom