Music!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alyxx

Aquarium Advice Addict
So, what are your favorite bands/songs?
Some of mine are : Primus (actually got to see them play about a month ago, it was amazing), The Dresden Dolls, and Amanda Palmer's solo stuff, Neutral Milk Hotel, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Daft Punk, The Gorillaz, Eve 6, Third Eye Blind, Jack Off Jill, Lady Gaga, Tool, Incubus, Deathcab for Cutie, Modest Mouse, The Postal Service, the list just goes on and on, lol.

Mine would be Lykke li, my chemical romance, Blink-182, falling in reverse, never shout never/Christopher Drew, Linkin Park, Grouplove, The killers, Gorillaz, woodkid, and many many more lol

Pretty much anything from the eighties and some from the seventies. Favorites include queen, Styx, journey and Billy Joel. I know it's sad but basically everything I listen too is from before I was born. :p

I'm a huge hip-hop head. Some of my fav artists are, wu-tang, nas, jay-z, eminem, biggie, AZ, cormega, slaughterhouse, dr dre, ice cube, snoop, luda, T.i, jada, and various "ringtone rap" artists as well.

I also like rock music and go to rock concerts often. Including, Staind(fav band), breaking ben, 3 days grace, Chevelle, live, sublime(with Rome), papa roach, avenge 7fold, shinedown, just to name a few.

I basically listen to everything but country. Not that I don't like some country and like all the female singers are hot haha. ;)

Maxkolbe said:
Pretty much anything from the eighties and some from the seventies. Favorites include queen, Styx, journey and Billy Joel. I know it's sad but basically everything I listen too is from before I was born. :p

Queen and Journey are amazing! A lot of what I listen to is from before I was born or when I was a little kid. I was raised on my mom's music, and she had a big record collection and good taste. A friend of mine once looked through it and told her all she was missing was Pink Floyd and Led Zepplin, and she wasn't sure why she didn't have any of their records. Although now that I think about it, she didn't have any Queen either. Sadly we lost the records in a hurricane, though.

And Sublime was better with Bradley. The new lineup is ok, but it will never be the same.

Haha, try me.

Well as referenced in the "other hobbies" thread, I am a classical musician. To quote my post from said thread -

Well when I'm not plowing away at the "day job" I play the bass trombone, bass trumpet, and various other low brass instruments with a number or regional orchestras and ensembles. I am on list as a alt/sub for the Houston Symphony, Houston Ballet, Corpus Christi Symphony, Victoria Symphony, Corpus Christi Brass Quintet, Harbor Playhouse in Corpus Christi, and occasionally a few groups in San Antonio as well. I don't play very often due to time constraints, but when I get the call I take every chance I get. Great groups of musicians, very fun. When I was a younger lad I was a classical concert pianist briefly after college, but the attitude of my colleagues that seemed to infiltrate the scene was less than desirable, so I gave it up. I now play piano, trombone, bass trombone, contrabass trombone, euphonium, tuba, cimbasso, Wagner tuben, bass trumpet, and a few other more obscure instruments mainly as a hobby.

While I do listen to a variety of newer music ranging from rock to jazz to pop to whathaveyou, it is mainly "filler" and does not register with me on the same level that classical music does. I also rarely listen to choral music, whatever time period it may be from. It annoys me. My main listening and studying is concentrated on early developmental brass composition from the advent of polychoral music in the early Italian school and it's continued revolution to the large scale sections of the later 19th century.

Gabrielle, Bruckner, Respighi, Holst, Wagner, Mahler...

The first few I can think of that might actually ring bells with someone.

My chemical romance, the eagles, the doors, Jefferson airplane, pink Floyd, jimi hendrix, Joan baez, cocorosie, Mumford and sons, the Beatles, queen, green day, David bowie, stevie nicks, coldplay, the fray, and pretty much all country music and classic rock. I listen to most anyhing tho lol.

butterfly_koi said:
The Beatles! And ELO, <--- allot of you young people won't know who that is :)
I also love anything country

Electric light orchestra ;P love them too, forgot to list them.

butterfly_koi said:
Paytertot, we just because good friends lol. Not many people know who they are, they know the songs just not the band

Haha I grew up on my dads music. If I could time travel, man you know I'd be at a concert in the 70s

paytertot said:
Haha I grew up on my dads music. If I could time travel, man you know I'd be at a concert in the 70s

I grew up on dads music too. ELO, cheap trick, BTO, queen, Webb Wilder, Wings. All great music that people have forgot

My dad is a huuggee beatles fan, I could probably sing all of their songs (not well lol). Thats how often I hear them.

I was listening to The Beatles earlier today while I was taking a stab at digging a garden bed.

George9 said:
My dad is a huuggee beatles fan, I could probably sing all of their songs (not well lol). Thats how often I hear them.

I have every Beatles album I could find. A huge stack of their records, monopoly version, t-shirts lol I need a life

My mom and I put together a puzzle of the White Album. One side had a picture of the four albums, the other side was the cover, which is pretty much all white. The album side was the easier wide to work from, but it was still lots of white space and four nearly identical records. It only took us 3 days! It is glued together now, and I want to get it framed.

Back
Top Bottom