My fur kids

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brennae

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I'm having a bad day, and thought I would share a little about what I do besides keeping fish.

The first pic is Jake a 7 year old 100lb great Dane mixed with who knows. He has no eyes. He got primary glaucoma and lost his vision in both eyes. The pressure built up so bad that he was at risk of his eyes bursting so they had to come out. He will be 8 in another month or so. He does very well as a blind dog. We have a lot of stairs and he navigates them like a pro. Jake only likes black cats. There is a grey one who just loves him and tries to snuggle but he gets growled and snapped at. However if it's one of the black cats here its fine if they walk all over him even.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1443486596526.jpg
    1443486596526.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 21
My other dog is named Token. She just turned 7 in July. She started her life as an outdoor kennel dog in Wisconsin. She had little human stimulation. My friend purchased her as she is a purebred golden retriever from excellent lines. After getting used to being in a house and having two litters with many complications she was spayed and came to live with me in the retirement home. She was used to being crated but now has 24/7 free access to the house. Had to work on potty training because she didn't understand that humans can be relied on. She and Jake are very bonded now even though I've only had her since June.

Attachments

• 1443487163200.jpg
    1443487163200.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 22
I forgot to mention Jake was adopted at a mere 5 weeks of age. An animal hoarder threw his litter in a trash bin and a good Samaritan found them. He had all kinds of worms and stuff but that was ok. Nothing some meds couldn't fix.

Jake is lucky to have you and know you feel the same!
I have 5 dogs and 2 cats.
One of my dogs (Graycie B) has had eye issues for some time now.
It is amazing how well they learn their space and navigate.

He is a smiling dog!!
That says all we need to know!
It seems no coincidence a on a bad day that you or I would turn to our furry pets for compassion and relief.

They do way more for me then I could ever do for them.

Hope you get to feeling better.

Stupid fur berbee that ruins my day while moving lately...pics taken within 3 min if each other.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1443487942001.jpg
    1443487942001.jpg
    174.3 KB · Views: 22
  • 1443487978707.jpg
    1443487978707.jpg
    168.4 KB · Views: 21
  • 1443487996375.jpg
    1443487996375.jpg
    193.1 KB · Views: 20
I haven't even started on the cats yet. Lol I'm glad there are furry critter lovers on here besides me

I haven't even started on the cats yet. Lol I'm glad there are furry critter lovers on here besides me

Seems you've misconstrued my words.. actually I dislike this cat, she's cute and all but she's just aweful for the most part.. just aweful....

Cats ain't dogs!
Just ask George Carlin!!
Dogs are waiting to find out what they are waiting for!
Cats ain't waiting on nothing!!
My female cat was named by my son.
She is Athena(the goddess of war!).

You love that cat Brook!
Almost as much as it loves fish!!(Oh I did!).

Yeah isn't this the fish water drinker? You don't like her?

I do like the cat... who wouldn't like something that lives with you and relies on you?? Rams!÷!÷ they be like... feed meeeee

My two dogs. 4 year old(i think) Bullmastiff brothers that share half a brain. Bear
Dozer

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

My two rescue pitbulls are my babies. The female lives in the house with us. A 65 lb girl, I've had her since she was two months, now 7 years old. The outdoor male was fought and took some time to warm up. I never gave up and he is now a member of the family. He was around two when we got him, sadly barely more than a puppy. He is now over four, and loves his family despite what humans did to him. You can't move too fast even still as he hunkers down in fear. Poor baby. He has come around but still isn't fully trusting, even so he likes nothing more than cuddling with us. He goes 80 pounds but stands around 21 inches.

It's nice that so many people I interact with on here love animals of the furry nature as well.
This is Chloe. She's 11 and the only purebred cat I've ever purchased. She has asthma and it's made her heart enlarged. They make devices with little masks for cats so you can give them inhalers. Needless to say she hates it and it takes two people just to give her her inhaler. She has 2 different kinds of inhalers so she needs a treatment 3 times a day.

Attachments

• 1443824747608.jpg
    1443824747608.jpg
    176.4 KB · Views: 21
I have a feeling we'll be adding a rescue pity to the troop once the cats stop freaking out about the new digs..

Yes, i may not be the best at fishkeeping, but my 4 legged pets are a different story... The two cats in the picture are Stub (Bobcat Hybrid), and Cali (Domestic Shorthair).

Attachments

• P1190336.jpg
    P1190336.jpg
    194.7 KB · Views: 24
Seriously they just show up at my door with their little suitcases begging for help. There are so many feral and dumped cats by me it's insane.

Dogs are mans best friend!
Many can try to list the reasons but no doubt exist!(I really like fish).
99907-albums14345-picture69297.jpg

I got me 5 labs that love their man!
1 chocolate (AKC champ Ped)
and 4 silvers(AKC registered chocolates).
This in the dog world could be as controversial as hybrid cichlids are here!!!
I pay no mind to 'them'!
My silvers are all real chocolates and the paper work shows it!!
Funny how no fish keepers can claim any lineage ?
Some are at least catching on to point of collection for their wilds.
The funny about silvers is if bred to a silver they throw nothing but ,
SILVER ALL DAY!
They are a little funny and every dog is different(anyone keep bettas??)

Here's my two rescue cats. Mckenzie(siamese mix) and Ralphie(grey tabby). Mckenzie had a mangled ear as a kitten and full of scratches but is the sweetest thing you've ever met. She loves everyone. Ralphie had burnt ear tips, laceration on his side, and a sulter fracture in his right stifle as a kitten. He had to literally live in a dog crate for 2 months. He is crazy and keeps my big girl on her toes.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1444911352035.jpg
    1444911352035.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 19
  • 1444911511816.jpg
    1444911511816.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 19
  • 1444911548840.jpg
    1444911548840.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 19
  • 1444911567305.jpg
    1444911567305.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 19
I love cats. Mine are all rescues but one of won't say how many. Thank you for helping animals especially the less adoptable sort. :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

I only adopted broken animal's. I see soo many that need homes that it becomes my obligation to do so.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom