New Here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DBFish

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello,
I am new to this forum and consider myself a newbie at this hobby. I have a 65 gallon aquarium with an aquaclear 100 running on it. I am still in the fishless cycle phase, but looking forward to fish soon! We are planning a community freshwater tank!

Attachments

• PXL_20240420_173707287.MP.jpg
    PXL_20240420_173707287.MP.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 0
Welcome to the community. Looking forward to seeing and hearing about what you are getting up to.

What are your plans for the aquarium?

Welcome to the community. Looking forward to seeing and hearing about what you are getting up to.

What are your plans for the aquarium?
We are trying to figure that out! My daughter wants some guppies, my wife wants "pretty fish"... If it were just me, I think I would do some rummynose tetras, harlequin rasboras, purple pencilfish, with a few corys and a bristlenose pleco with a highlight fish like an apisto cacatouides or gourami... but I may lose on the guppy battle.

Welcome to the site :flowers:
Good luck with the fish selection. ;) ( For what it's worth, a tank of male Guppies could be considered a tank full of pretty fish so that knocks off 2 requests with one selection. :brows: (y) )

Or I need to add something that like guppy fry snacks! Seriously though, I had mollies for a long time and none of the fry ever survived... Probably just me, but I didn't do anything to try and save them either.
But... but... ...but what about traumatizing your Daughter when the female(s) get big then skinny and there are no babies? 😲 ;):ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom