Rather strange suggestion- an AA fish show!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If we have invertebrates as one of the section then I think we should split it into specific types because just invertebrates would be too broad IMO but the whole thing is emerald76's idea not mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

If we have invertebrates as one of the section then I think we should split it into specific types because just invertebrates would be too broad IMO but the whole thing is emerald76's idea not mine.

If anything schooling is broad. There's not a ton of inverts in freshwater outside of shrimp.

Caleb

Yeah you're right. Maybe broad is a good thing though. I was thinking we could have winners for the categories and then an over all winner.

I think it should be split into 10 categories for fresh, and 10 for salt

Fishobsessed7

3 tanks and counting! (6 if you count the bettas)

To be quite honest, I don't think there is enough regularly active members to pull this off. Tank of the month and picture of the month is enough to make happen, much less picking a winner for 10+ categories

To be quite honest, I don't think there is enough regularly active members to pull this off. Tank of the month and picture of the month is enough to make happen, much less picking a winner for 10+ categories

That is true, I guess I never thought about that.

Fishobsessed7

I think we can pull it off. Members just seem to swarm around one particular topic, but there are plenty of active members IMO. :fish2:

Well emerald76 came up with it so I guess emerald76 will run it. I thought It might be a good idea for several people to though so that If one of us is busy the others can help out and we could all exchange ideas via PM. it would be neat to write the poll and rules etc. together, and then copy and paste into the actual competition thread.

Then does anyone care to write the intro to the competition? We can quote it and make some brief revisions to see if we can make it better.

You guys feel free to set it up- whatever role you want me in is fine!

Delivered via owl
Ministry of Magic

You guys feel free to set it up- whatever role you want me in is fine!

Delivered via owl
Ministry of Magic

do you guys want to start then? we could start by making a rough draft of rules and an intro. :brows:

You covered basic rules pretty well, although I do think we need to figure out categories. If anyone knows more about salties than me, that'd be helpful if they could do the saltwater categories, but if I may make a suggestion for freshwater-

Livebearing fish
Schooling fish (mid to top level free swimming)
Catfish (including cories/otos)
SA cichlids
African cichlids
Inverts
Bettas/other labyrinths
Asian fish

Feel free to add or pare down this- I'm kind of brain dead at the moment due to the flu :)

Delivered via owl
Ministry of Magic

You covered basic rules pretty well, although I do think we need to figure out categories. If anyone knows more about salties than me, that'd be helpful if they could do the saltwater categories, but if I may make a suggestion for freshwater-

Livebearing fish
SA cichlids
African cichlids
Inverts
Bettas/other labyrinths
Asian fish

Feel free to add or pare down this- I'm kind of brain dead at the moment due to the flu :)

Delivered via owl
Ministry of Magic

Oh no I hate the flu! I have severe allergies due to record high mold count from all the rain we've been getting. I'm walking and typing and I just found this adorable snail! ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1431738113.315647.jpg is it not adorable?!

Livebearing fish
SA cichlids
African cichlids
Inverts
Bettas/other labyrinths
Asian fish

Delivered via owl
Ministry of Magic

I think replace Asian with oddball, and add monster fish and North American natives!

Fishobsessed7

Back
Top Bottom