The FOOD thread - What's Cooking!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PassengerTN

Aquarium Advice Addict
Noticed we have a lot of foodies around here, and anyone who enjoys any hobby knows that sharing tips and techniques opens up new worlds. Let's see what you guys (and gals) got cookin!

Jesse

To start, I'd like to correct TMRC Exotics and PoppaRyno in a different thread. EVERY BODY knows MEMPHIS is king for barbeque! Lucky for me I'm born and raised! Memphis In May's world championship barbeque does hold the title according to Guinness! Here's some pics of a few things I've smoked lately..
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1445116206.161939.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1445116219.976462.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1445116231.824139.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1445116247.877789.jpg

Jesse

I enjoy a good Carolina sauce from time to time. We made one at a BBQ joint I worked at called Carolina gold (original, I know..) that would take your breath away if you inhaled it, but man was it good!

Jesse

Flexing a little more

Grilled salmon on a bed of coconut rice with a mango salsa
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1445121562.228689.jpg

Chicken fried meatloaf balls..Poppa can possibly relate here. After spending usually 50+ hours a week inside a kitchen looking at (mostly) the same foods, you got to get creative when you're hungry lol. I'm pretty sure I've breaded and deep fried about every thing. Bacon (yum), strawberries, banana then covered it in peanut butter, chocolate and bacon..fat Elvis style! Mac n cheese, cheesecake, the list goes on. I'm basically Bubba Gump of fried foods! Guess it's a Southern thing
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1445121577.525985.jpg

Jesse

I have to eat gluten free. It's not fun. Any good recipes?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Throwing some choice steaks on the new smoker/grill soon.. check.out this bad boy!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1445210174156.jpg
    1445210174156.jpg
    170.3 KB · Views: 9
  • 1445210198096.jpg
    1445210198096.jpg
    245.7 KB · Views: 9
Sweet Brooks. Wife, kids and I lived in an apartment for the past several years and weren't allowed grills. Since our lease has been up and staying at my parents I've used her grill quite often. Pretty sure I will be grilling outside throughout the winter once we close on the house. 15 days now!

Jesse

Sweet Brooks. Wife, kids and I lived in an apartment for the past several years and weren't allowed grills. Since our lease has been up and staying at my parents I've used her grill quite often. Pretty sure I will be grilling outside throughout the winter once we close on the house. 15 days now!

Jesse

Me too, i had a crappy little camping grill.. horrible.. this is how it's meant to be done man!! I'll build a sweat house for that grill! Better believe I'll be smoking ribs on xmas day!

Throwing some choice steaks on the new smoker/grill soon.. check.out this bad boy!!

I have a grill at my disposal 24/7 but any steak goes in a skillet in an a1 butter bath. I love the grill but after having steaks out of a cast iron skillet I'll never again dry grill them.

Me too, i had a crappy little camping grill.. horrible.. this is how it's meant to be done man!! I'll build a sweat house for that grill! Better believe I'll be smoking ribs on xmas day!

We weren't even allowed that. My grilling in the apartment was limited to an electric George Foreman only.

Jesse

What kind of recipes you looking for Brenn? I've got a few

Jesse

Well I don't like to bake. And I don't like to use gadgets. So no blenders or food processing type equipment. Have all that here but I don't use it. I make lasagna sometimes. Gf food has gotten way better and there is so much more available now.

Speaking of grills. I think I got left home with an empty propane tank. I prefer charcoal but you know, carcinogens and what not

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

One time I made a venison back strap roast on the grill it was good. For propane and not smoking it or anything it turned out good.

I just bathed the steaks in a butter bath in the oven, on the grill...

Um.. Any vegetarian cooks out there... Show me your food! All this
Talk of bbq has made me hungry for some decent food. (Did I mention I hate veggies)?

Sent via the power of my aching thumbs

Frying up a steak now.

Ok so how do you prefer your steaks?

I'd eat mine raw if I could. Bloodier the better.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom