update with my cancer battle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Still holding up alright? :)

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

54, I've seen you posting a lot recently about the new TOTM and such, so I take it as a sign you're doing well? Have the treatments been helping?

Yes I'm doing a lot better thank you , but I have 1 stubborn mass on the back of my tongue and throat , I have been doing oral kemo (it's a pill) it seems to help keeping it from spreading but the mass just wont dissipate , I will be on oral kemo the rest of my life, it's keeping it from spreading that's about it , They want to do radiation but I can whined up with tubes coming out of my throat that would be there till I die, and be fed through a tube, I'm not 100% but I feel ok and I don't intend on risking that,
a lot of people think I'm thick but if they knew every little detail they would understand, I lost about 50% of use on my left side lost all my teeth and on a breathing machine , but they still haven't figured out why I'm still here . I do things that they can't figure out , it's called willpower I may be considered handicapped but I don't consider myself disabled , something I do may take 2 X longer but its done right
I still do brakes on the cars , oil changes ect , I can't stop doing things I enjoy so when I think about it maybe I Am thick , My life's not perfect but at-least I got what I have , I also enjoy being her doing what I can to help others , and better the site
they say I out lived many with this type of cancer to date that's a achievement by itself , and to be doing what I'm doing is another , I'm always asked why I do it , my answer Life.

Yes I'm doing a lot better thank you , but I have 1 stubborn mass on the back of my tongue and throat , I have been doing oral kemo (it's a pill) it seems to help keeping it from spreading but the mass just wont dissipate , I will be on oral kemo the rest of my life, it's keeping it from spreading that's about it , They want to do radiation but I can whined up with tubes coming out of my throat that would be there till I die, and be fed through a tube, I'm not 100% but I feel ok and I don't intend on risking that,
a lot of people think I'm thick but if they knew every little detail they would understand, I lost about 50% of use on my left side lost all my teeth and on a breathing machine , but they still haven't figured out why I'm still here . I do things that they can't figure out , it's called willpower I may be considered handicapped but I don't consider myself disabled , something I do may take 2 X longer but its done right
I still do brakes on the cars , oil changes ect , I can't stop doing things I enjoy so when I think about it maybe I Am thick , My life's not perfect but at-least I got what I have , I also enjoy being her doing what I can to help others , and better the site
they say I out lived many with this type of cancer to date that's a achievement by itself , and to be doing what I'm doing is another , I'm always asked why I do it , my answer Life.

That's so awesome! I read through your old thread and its obvious that you've came a long way.

I agree with what a lot of people said on that thread; you are fighting YOUR battle, so it doesn't matter what other people want, think, or say.

Thank you, by the way, for posting about all of this. You really are touching the lives of people who've never even met you.

Best wishes, and congratulations on your recovery/improvement.

In the last 10 years I have had 3 near death experiences I have a clearly noted DNR on my living will that's (Do not resuscitate) I went totally septic . there was times I wanted to do the unthinkable , as I felt so miserable

I gained a lot of my faith back , after seeing how many people really care . many times I couldn't do anything but just lay there, kemo took over half my memory half my body and half my sanity. I would never wish this experience with cancer on no one
I was diagnosed cancer free the first time that lasted 5 yrs , than it returned under went kemo again 6 months later I was diagnosed cancer free again that lasted a month , a year later I heard those words again , I turned and said Doc you know as well as me it's still there he broke into tears , he never met anyone who could handle what I've been through and just laugh about it , (what he didn't know that laughter was my tears)
The hardest thing everyone don't understand is I wasn't expected to still be here 12 years later,
I don't think it's the meds keeping me going , it's how I live my life not letting anything get in my way,

Having total strangers reach out with donations that reached the fifty thousand mark to help cover the bills, knowing they care
I wear a gold chain with a gold cancer ribbon on it that I received on my death bed the first time around , I wasn't supposed to last the night,
that chain did something no one knew till morning every symptom I had just dissipated,
that gold ribbon and chain has magic inside , it's what keeps me going , this may sound odd I broke my chain didn't have it for almost 2 weeks , the day I broke my chain I came down with pneumonia , 2 weeks later I got my chain back the next morning there was no sign of the pneumonia ,
I hold the ribbon on the chain and pray every-night, I'm not a religious person by no means but I still do it , I don't know how it started but as long as it keeps me here another day I don't care,
my wife tells me I need to write a book,
My chain and ribbon is never removed as it's a part of me xray techs hate me cause it don't come off
thank you again for thinking about me as I always say prayers for all that are going through the things I have , if you ever get that small tingle remember it's only the magic I sent out to you ,
john

still have the cancer in my throat and a huge mass on the back of my tongue , I have a hard time swallowing , I try doing the most I can and stay busy doing things I shouldn't do cutting down trees splitting wood , I love working on my willy s , lots of work on the tanks ,
I don't believe in sitting still my oncologist always busts my hump for doing the things I do, as I have a port in my chest going to my jugular , that's there for life he says if I bump or lift heavy stuff it could rupture , but I'm thick headed and do it any way,
no one can figure it out how I just keep going, I tire easy but I never stop it's like a constant sugar rush, minus the sugar ,
I do still do get kemo but it's now in pill form it don't stop the cancer just maintains it so it don't spread , this I will take for the rest of my life , they have done as much as they can to stop it , 4 rounds of chemical kemo bone marrow transplant and now the oral kemo , I really think it's my stubborn attitude that keeps me going ,
I had 3 near death experiences once pronounced dead but i popped back this all with in a 7 year time period.
I'm told I'm a miracle I try not to let anything stop me .

Keep staying positive, that's all I can say. My mom is a breast cancer survivor and lung cancer survivor. My cousin is now going through chemo for cervical cancer for the second time. But this time it has spread to her lymph nodes. Cancer has affected many people's lives. Keep up, keeping up.
Well wishes,
Stacey

Sent from my SM-N920T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Keep staying positive, that's all I can say. My mom is a breast cancer survivor and lung cancer survivor. My cousin is now going through chemo for cervical cancer for the second time. But this time it has spread to her lymph nodes. Cancer has affected many people's lives. Keep up, keeping up.
Well wishes,
Stacey

Stacey ,
Tell your Mom she has a magical angel by her side , I'm proud to here she beat the mean beast not once but twice , I always grab the magical gold ribbon around my neck say a prayer every night for all that fought the fight and they won , I also pray for the ones including me that still battle the mean beast ,
let your cousin know I will say a magical prayer tonight , stay strong and fight the fight , god I know how it sucks , stay positive never give up always remember your not alone .
I am not a very religious guy but since the time I first learned I had cancer ,
I started praying every night than I received a magical ribbon from my wife and discovered the magic it is so strong I keep it on never take it off ,
once my chain broke that night I came down with pneumonia my wife had it fixed the day it was put back around my neck the pneumonia was gone that shows how strong the magic is .

I'll send out some magic with my prayer

Stacey ,
Tell your Mom she has a magical angel by her side , I'm proud to here she beat the mean beast not once but twice , I always grab the magical gold ribbon around my neck say a prayer every night for all that fought the fight and they won , I also pray for the ones including me that still battle the mean beast ,
let your cousin know I will say a magical prayer tonight , stay strong and fight the fight , god I know how it sucks , stay positive never give up always remember your not alone .
I am not a very religious guy but since the time I first learned I had cancer ,
I started praying every night than I received a magical ribbon from my wife and discovered the magic it is so strong I keep it on never take it off ,
once my chain broke that night I came down with pneumonia my wife had it fixed the day it was put back around my neck the pneumonia was gone that shows how strong the magic is .

I'll send out some magic with my prayer

Thank you and same to you.

Back
Top Bottom