Win large amount of money vs new tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Delapool

AA Member
Site Team
At work we recently pooled funds into a lotto to see if we could win enough to retire. Sadly we didn't win any money but someone being cheeky said I'd probably just take a new fish tank over anything.

And then I thought well maybe I would.

So I'm wondering what people would do if they could either win a decent amount of money (that buys a lot of nice things in a year but no fish tanks) OR they would take a complete fish tank setup that they couldn't previously have.

In my case the money would be nice around the house. Buuut, I've always wanted a complete 8ft saltwater fish tank with all the gear and have no hope of getting more than a 20gal tank without adding a fish room. So close call :)

Does that tank include building it into a wall , then that would include some remodeling as well , might consider that.

And I didn't hit the lottery either so your not alone

:)

I think for the tank whatever your dream tank and setup would be. Lots of cichlid or native fish keepers here with racks of 4 to 6 ft tanks so I'd be tempted on that as well.

A lotto win - carpets are getting on in a few rooms, outdoor patio furniture needs replacing and the usual bottomless black pit of house owning :)

Back
Top Bottom