Hello Everyone - CO2 or Excel?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shanel

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello Everyone,
Building a new tank and seeking some advice. I'm fairly close to being complete. I'm not sure if I should use co2 or just dose flourish excel. I am planning on putting small bonsai trees in it. I don't plan on putting a lot of plants in it. Just some ground cover in spots and and some trees.

Attachments

• 20240825_210242.jpg
    20240825_210242.jpg
    158.6 KB · Views: 2
Hello Everyone,
Building a new tank and seeking some advice. I'm fairly close to being complete. I'm not sure if I should use co2 or just dose flourish excel. I am planning on putting small bonsai trees in it. I don't plan on putting a lot of plants in it. Just some ground cover in spots and and some trees.
Hi and welcome. :flowers:
To answer your question, It will all depend on which plants you are putting in whether they even need the CO2. That is the determining factor. Do you have a list of plants you want to use?

Welcome.

I am a low-tech keeper, but read up on the ins and outs of CO2, we have a couple good foundation articles here. Dwarf hair grass doesn't really need either and I have had beautiful areas of it in tanks over the years. And cO2 is a little expensive.

But just consider getting a dual valve system, don't go cheap, or yeast if you are committing to using it and start love, as it can be tough on fish, getting it adjusted. Must keep away from children's curious hands and bouncy pets, if you'll be keeping livestock.

Have you looked into any of the tiny or Micro Anubias varieties for the little bonsai trees?

Please post a thread link here when you create a new topic for it. I would love to see what you do.

My friends who have it say it's easy, but costs a little to get started, and for dazzling plant heavy aquascaping worth it. have you consider

Awesome Replies. Thanks. I will work on posting my build and throw out a couple of topics that are on my mind. I'm not to familiar with the best way to keep plants. As far as what plants I plan on using, the bonsai I was thinking small leaf bucephalandra. Other than that not really sure. Was looking to bounce ideas. Again thanks!!

Here is the tank that I'm replacing. It was overrun with beard algae that I can't seem to get rid of.

Attachments

• VideoCapture_20240826-062259.jpg
    VideoCapture_20240826-062259.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 5
Here is the link

Back
Top Bottom