Lighting question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Oceanicsublimat

Aquarium Advice Freak
I bought a combo moonlight/daylight light set from my lfs and I know I prolly overpaid but the guy is gonna come help me setup so I figured what the hay... Has anyone used these type of combos before? the moonlight is LED and the other lights are like daylight, I think it's 220watt but not sure..I'll find out later.I am starting a 55gal btw..

Buying from a LFS might be more expensive but sometimes it is easier. 220 watts over a 55 gal would be decent light. Since it came from a LFS, it is probably a common brand so it should be fine. The monnlight combos are a bit more expensive but it is nice to have it all in one.

ok..kool.. I'm looking and thinking that they may have given me a good deal at the lfs.. 620.00$ for wet/dry sump protein skimmer combo, 50gal bag of salt, the coralife light, stress coat, ph8.2 and between 10 and 16 lbs of lr, and 3 bags of the arag-alive sand live sand... I know I need more lr.. plus the guy is gonna come out and help me setup.. is this a good deal?

tokebuddude said:
I bought a combo moonlight/daylight light set from my lfs and I know I prolly overpaid but the guy is gonna come help me setup so I figured what the hay... Has anyone used these type of combos before? the moonlight is LED and the other lights are like daylight, I think it's 220watt but not sure..I'll find out later.I am starting a 55gal btw..

The combo lights with the moonlight LEDs are cool, but the ones I've seen don't have enough LEDs for me. It's very easy to make your own moonlight strip to add to the tank if you desire..check out the DIY section (DIY moonlights). It's good to have someone experienced helping you out, but you can rely a lot on people here to help too.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom