Not sure what this is

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishlover1314

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey I cleaned my tank today, and noticed these little goopy sacks, one was hidden in a plant and the other was on my filter, I’m not sure what they are, it’s a tropical goldfish tank, I’ve never seen this before, so it concerns me. I just relocated the tank to a new space at the beginning of summer. Are they goldfish eggs? I have 2 Mickey Mouse and 4 goldfish and a bottom feeder. The bottom feeder is seeming sick and is currently in a hospital tank. But the other fish are all healthy. I did a water test today, and everything was at perfect levels. I’m concerned mainly for what this is. It’s smaller then my pinky nail, and it looks like it has a orange outer layer and then little dots inside

Attachments

• IMG_9321.jpeg
    IMG_9321.jpeg
    177.8 KB · Views: 4
Do you have any snails in the tank or get any new live plants recently? They are not goldfish eggs for sure. Goldfish lay hundreds of eggs and get the water very cloudy with the milt so you would know when the goldfish spawned. Snail eggs tho look like that.

Do you have any snails in the tank or get any new live plants recently? They are not goldfish eggs for sure. Goldfish lay hundreds of eggs and get the water very cloudy with the milt so you would know when the goldfish spawned. Snail eggs tho look like that.
no snails, and no plants, I have one live plant that I got over a year ago.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom