Video games!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bichir Bro

Aquarium Advice Addict
What video games do you guys play? assuming you guys do; but hey you gotta do something in-between water changes right?
I mostly indulge in Skyrim ES 5 and all of the borderlands games. But fallout and skyrim remain my favorites.

Skyrim forever, pumped about the elders scrolls online! I've been playing state of decay here recently along with farcry 4. Though my all time fave gave is mass effect though the ending to 3 with a bit rough

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Skyrim forever, pumped about the elders scrolls online! I've been playing state of decay here recently along with farcry 4. Though my all time fave gave is mass effect though the ending to 3 with a bit rough

Yes! Skyrim belongs to the Nords! I ain't getting eso, heard too many bad things about it. It looks fun for a week but after that I don't think it'll be worth the $60.
Farcry 3&4 were insanely awesome games. Vaas & Pagan Min remain to be the best antagonists in video game history.

Dude pagan is something else! He cracks me up sometimes then on the flip side he's insane. Now the real question is sabal or Anita? Hardest choice in the game right there

Dude pagan is something else! He cracks me up sometimes then on the flip side he's insane. Now the real question is sabal or Anita? Hardest choice in the game right there

Anita all the way. Hate both of them but she's the lesser of the two evils.

Same here, at least Anita has a plan for afterward. Let's forget them both an nominate hurk for president of kyrat problems solved haha

Same here, at least Anita has a plan for afterward. Let's forget them both an nominate hurk for president of kyrat problems solved haha

Id move to that mythological land if he was president of Kyrat!

It would be better off and all the elephants would be taken care of. Elephants would become like the symbol for everything

Starcraft 2 is the only game for me. Formally world of Warcraft but I couldn't devote the time.

I keep Skyrim installed all the time because sometimes I just need to "get away" :)

I've been playing Pillars of Eternity (awesome RPG!!) and Cities: Skylines (what Sim City 2013 wanted to be and wasn't)
I'm also a reformed WoW player. I would probably still be playing that if I had the time to devote.

We have Skyrim for Xbox 360 AND on the PC because when I realized that if I played it on my computer I could download mods, well, that was the end of Xbox Skyrim for me.

Plus I am not super coordinated and I like playing ranged characters and I just suck at aiming with a controller. I am the absolute worst at FPS.

Oh where to begin! *nerd mode ON*

Skyrim hands down was my favorite game. Have all the DLC and racked up 600+ hours on Xbox. Level 84 with multiple legendary skills. Greatest achievement was beating the legendary dragon on legendary difficulty. Also discovered every location on Skyrim and solstiem(spelling??).

I got bored of it and probably did another 150 hours on PC playing with mods. Those flying pirate ship houses flying across a tropical Skyrim is always interesting! Though it pushed my graphics card to the limits...

Also played-
Oblivion- 200 hours
Call of duty-28 days on multiplayer for black ops 2 alone.
Dying light- stl working my way through this game.
Destiny!
GTA V- level 95 I play to have fun not real serious.

Caleb

I must be old.

Diablo 2 & Diablo 2: LOD - Played these games from like 2004 until 2011. Not even joking. I was offered $2000USD for one character's gear on several occasions and always declined. D2jsp, an online d2 trading forum, tried to buy an entire account I owned and sent money through PayPal but I never accepted.

StarCraft, the original one. Zergling rush, nothing more to say :D

COD:MW2 and MW3 - Listening to preteens and teenagers rage over getting quick scoped is hilarious. What's even funnier is when they finally watch their death cam and realize it was a 360 no scope ;)

Seems skyrim is a little more popular than I thought! I blame the elves.
Haven't played some of the others, expect cod.

If you haven't played any Bethesda games on a PC and modded it, you ain't seen nothing.

May I introduce Zendalyn Rose.
A Daughter of Dibella and Level 32 stealth archer extraordinaire;

92584-albums13974-picture68855.jpg

I've been playing The Elder Scrolls ever since Arena.
Of all of them Daggerfall was my favorite because the game world was soooooooo huge.
While Arena took place in a few different areas of Tamriel, in game play Daggerfall provided the most "square miles" to explore, mainly because it was all dynamically generated every time you loaded the game and not hand drawn maps like the games are now. Graphic quality wasn't as good, but in many ways gameplay was better.

I'm curious as to how you guys play.
do you get into actual role playing or do you do the jack-of-all-trades route and try to master everything and every guild?
I used to play like that, but it got boring quick.
I do strict role-play now.
Zendalyn is strictly an archer, she can't even lift a sword, uses no offensive magic except that gifted her by Dibella (she is based on a custom race mod) and is limited to light armor only.
In melee she gets her butt handed to her, but give her enough room to draw a bow and it's over. ;)

My Daggerfall character was also customized. The character generator allowed you to tweak certain aspects/abilities , but at a cost.
For example my character could regenerate health and mana in darkness and at an accelerated rate but as counter to that perk, he could not use magic in light, took damage from holy places and could not regenerate health/mana in light. More than once I got slaughtered in the middle of the day by peons...but that's the breaks.

I wish they still had that perk/penalty system, it was pretty cool.
I've done similar tweaks with Zendalyn via mods. When around enemies she regens health at an accelerated rate, but stamina regen is greatly reduced.
It is reversed in "peaceful" situations.
It may sound simple, but it has a definite impact on how I proceed in battle and has bit me in the butt on a few occasions.
When you are too exhausted to draw a bow, it don't matter how fast you heal....LOL

My Oblivion character was kinda dark and only used magic and daggers, but man can he slice and dice..LOL:ninja:

I had one guy in Runes of Magic that could only use two-handed weapons and no magic
A sorcerer in Neverwinter Nights that was a strict magic user (for those that like to die a lot early on...LOL) also played Neverwinter about 6 times through + expansions + mod content + stuff I made myself.

blah...blah...blah...
you guys get the idea,
bottom line, my characters gotta have some weakness, flaws and warts.......or beauty marks in the case of Zendalyn. ;)

so how do you play your character?

hmmm....Zendalyn kinda looks like threngen.......

I just remembered Baldurs Gate, awesome game.

There was a way you could make an all custom party somehow (it's been years) and I made an all custom party of evil characters all level 25 or some ridiculous thing like that.
If you remember Baldur's was the first game that really implemented character alignments and NPC's would react based on your alignment.
Well this party was so evil and vile that just walking into town the NPC's would scatter and run, any and all guards would instantly attack and more and more would materialize.
My party of demons could easily kill anything that came along, but whenever the computer is spawning parties of guards to the point that they fill the screen, well that was just a wee bit too much for the machines of that decade...LOL.

It was fun though to stroll into a nice peaceful town and watch all H**L break out... literally.:ROFLMAO:

good times.....good times....:dance:

I remember I. oblivion all I used was daggers and bows, maybe a shortsword. Mainly because the bigger weapons would weigh all the way up to 80 pounds when my bow/dagger combo weighted in at 15 combined. I also loved using the spell creator and played with it so much with max mana I created a spell that could kill all lower level enemies in one strike within a 100 yard radius. ;)

I love how in depth Skyrim went. My main account has basically everything in the game completed. I need to go back and do a strict account to one class, I love the challenge. (Hence beating a legendary dragon on legendary difficulty :) )

The mods for PC Skyrim are great but most of them need edits/revising. Many are left unfinished. I got it mainly for custom weapons and player made houses but I did a few custom quests as well. They were cool but like I said many were left unfinished or would glitch.

Caleb

Lets take this further: answer the following questions if it applies.

1) the earliest console you remember playing/having.

2) your favourite console pre playstation 1

3) your favourite game for that console

4) your favourite pre playstation 1 game across all consoles.

1) ZX spectrum +2

2) close one between sega megadrive and Nintendo 64 but I'm gonna give it to sega megadrive.

3) toejam and earl.

4) the legend of zelda: ocarina of time.

Back
Top Bottom